Friday, July 21, 2006


wow, 2 posts in one day!
I must be feeling really guilty or is it just that I have the house to myself for a couple of hours (and boy is that precious time) so I thought I would get ahead of my stash photo session and organise everything (yeh right), anyway, I looked in my cupboard and looked in my blanket box and pulled a few things about a bit then panicked and poured a glass of wine, then I ate a pork pie (sophisticated or what?) then I decided to do downstairs first, so blanket box it is..... not in any particular order, this contains hidden WIPS, files of patterns, stuff that gets bunged in when I need to tidy up in a hurry, and a suprising amount of yarn (well not so much suprising as embarrasing)

This baby is the Ogee sweater from Nature Knits by Norah Gaughan, well its most of a sleeve anyway knitted in Angel Yarns 4 ply sock yarn. It happened one night last week when I was fed up with the shawl knitting and fancied something straightforward for a change.














And this is the lonely glove knitted last year on the way to Ally Pally, destined to loneliness until the autumn I fear. The pattern is from a Rowan magazine but can't remember the number at the mo.



This is Elann Sierra aran with accompanying planned pattern for a lace cardigan worked from the top down. Its been there a while now and I really should start it once I finish the Ogee sweater.











And this is karaoke bought to make an order up to the free postage mark and will find itself being a felted bag at some point. The colours don't look so good in this photo, they are a fair bit brighter especially the greeny/blue, which I believe was called mermaid.


Sorry for the interruption folks but I just got invited to the pub... more later if I'm still sober, more tomorrow if I'm not. I'm feeling slightly more virtuous now I've made a start on this so I think I deserve a swift drinky

3 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

At least you have plans . . . . mine are just balls of wool, with no direction in life, no qualifications, and no interest in helping me decide what to do with them.

Badger said...

A swift drinky is always a good idea ;)

Catknit said...

unfortunately the swift drinky started at 7 ish and continued until 2am not so swift and not very clever on Saturday morning