Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Many thanks again to Mouldydc for my SSS present.

Its ages since I made DK socks but couldn't resist starting my alpaca/silk socks straight away and sock 1 is finished.

Its sooooo soft and snuggly but obviously too warm to wear at the moment!

The yarn was an absolute dream to work with and because its DK instead of my usual sock weight, it whizzed off the needles in no time.


I basically made the pattern up because I needed to work toe up since I wasn't sure how far the yarn would go and took the number of sts from the Regia pattern for DK (48sts for size 5 feet). Did a prvisional cast on of 24 sts and worked around the toe cap, then up to the heel and a short row shaping followed by st st for a bit of leg then k2p2 rib until I ran out of the first skein of yarn with just a bit left to cast off.

I think the rib looks better doubled over and since its a winter sock, it will be more snuggly around the ankle.















4 comments:

Badger said...

That's some quick knitting there, Missus! They look great, Mouldy was a great SSS, just hope mines as good! :)

Hellbelle said...

They are cosy looking socks! Just the thing for this weather we've been having!! ;)
H.

Mouldydc said...

Wow - you barrelled through that sock!

It's very lovely, and i might have to just buy some more of the yarn for myself!

Lothlorian said...

silky feet how yum they are lovely