Saturday, July 22, 2006

On the left, leftovers of Kid silk haze becoming crochet squares for something.
And below Debbie Bliss pure silk-the remainders of a pack bought because I fell in love with it, part of it turned into a sleeveless top on a previous post and I'm not sure about the rest, I think some might become a beaded scarf or maybe not.



Good old Clapotis. The yarn was bought in the Anny Blatt shop in Perpignan last year whilst I was there to watch the rugby. Its beautifully soft, has my favourite winter colours in it, and theres just not enough to finish the clap. Its also a nightmare to undo so frogging is not an option. I need to be in a clever mood to sort it out and that just doesn't happen very often but it will happen sometime....






And a pile of Jaeger merino aran and some Rowan Yorkshire tweed. You know when you go into a yarn shop and they have a sale on, everything suddenly has a 'buy me' face on and you know it'll grow into something eventually? well this little lot isn't going to grow at all, its going to shrink...probably into a felted bag or slippers.
next up is bundle of sockie bits. I had a practise with my ball winder when it arrived and thought I'd be mega organised and wind everything and pack it in nice tidy bags but the sock yarn was as far as it got.

2 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

The colour of the DB silk is really beautiful - I can see a fab shawl!!

Yes I do have an ice cream machine £30 odd from argos a few years ago. Not cheap to make, but much better - I use quite a lot less sugar than most recipes! and it's great to make vanilla that actually tastes of vanilla!!!!!

Badger said...

Wow! Crocheted KSH granny squares?! That's some posh crochet you got going on!