Saturday, July 22, 2006

Blanket box contents part two.

This huge cone of yarn was part of a box load which was donated to me for my knitting club at school, it's very fine and laceweight and therefore not good for teaching small people to knit. I swapped all of my bits of DK yarn which was hanging around in the cupboard for this and it may eventually become a shawl or something but will most likely just languish for a while. Poor thing , I think it needs to go upstairs to the cupboard where it won't get disturbed so often.





This fair old pile is Classic Elite Yarns Mackenzie
it was bought for a planned Rogue sweater and is 70% wool, 30% silk but its a bit too textured to show off the cables on Rogue so may also have to go in the cupboard for a while until a project idea comes along for it.









This package is Uros aran from Elann.com the shawl pattern is really nice to do, I already made it once in Jaeger Trinity in Cream but had a bit of a curry accident on the first wearing so it was dyed to a sandy colour instead.
Anyhoo, the Uros Aran is the next planned shawl
I fancy something a bit thicker for the autumn and this yarn is really soft being 50% wool 50% Llama.

No comments: