Friday, June 23, 2006


Just a quick post to say I finished the Shell Tank last night but no photo as yet, there is a gang of carpenters and plasterers in the house at the moment so i'm not going to parade around taking photos of myself!
So for now, piccie from last week.
This is DD1 playing with my yarn swift and ball winder.
I'd been after a swift for ages and kept bidding on ebay and looking at sites for a reasonably priced one, just when I was about to give up(I even had a go at making 0ne myself), I won an ebay auction and this one arrived from Sweden just as I was leaving the house to go to the Angel Yarns weekend. Of course it got bunged straight in the boot of the car and I hastily grabbed my winder and some skeins of yarn to practise with.
It works like a dream, I set it up in my hotel room and wound all the bits I had with me into lovely doughnuts of yarn. Anyway, as soon as I got home and explained to DD1 what it was, she was as keen as me and went through her entire knitting bag winding everything that wasn't attached to needles. Great fun bit of Mummy/Daughter time but she looks so serious!!!!

No comments: