Tuesday, June 20, 2006

















And this baby is the badly behaved Shell tank from Nature Knitting by Norah Gaughan. The pattern is ok as such but has obviously been written in a large size and reduced down. Not usually a problem but on the left side panel, the armhole shaping takes you down to 2 sts which have to be worked for 5 inches. This means that you have to sew this teeny strip to the cable panel and pick up around the armhole for the border. This put me off finishing the thing and its been in the naughty corner for about a week now. I only have a few rows left to do on the Right front then of course the sewing up and the borders which I'm not looking forward to!
Anyway, I am working it in Debbie Bliss Pure Silk which I adore but I bought too much (originally bought for another project) and if I'm feeling brave enough I may try to put some sleeves onto it with the cable panel going one way on one sleeve and the other direction on the other. Oh and I made mine longer than the pattern(don't like anything above the waist band)

No comments: