Tuesday, February 13, 2007


Hmm. photos of the Icarus shawl from Interweave I made for a friend to give her Mum for her birthday. I like making shawls but this is the last thing I make for anyone outside the family for a while, it became a bit of a pain because there was a deadline for making it and I don't get to wear it!
Nice to make though, Kid Silk Haze from Rowan and the pattern was easy enough but it held me up on other things I wanted to do (well that and having to take a week off knitting from the sliced thumb and another from the steroid injections for the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome thingy).
At least now I'm back to other stuff. Just finished my February socks for the Sock a Month challenge (photos tomorrow in daylight) and nearly finished my stripey sweater in Rowan Little Big Wool bought in a sale (see January posts).

8 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

Wow I can't believe you made that for someone else to give to someone else!!! - That is friendship!!! Does look truly beautiful though!

Melody said...

A beautiful shawl Catknit, very delicate and pretty - and I love your daughter's walking socks too :)

Debs xx

Terri said...

Its absolutely gorgoeus catknit!!!! beautiful:-)

blueadt said...

Very beautiful - well done.

The brown chunky was only 2p per gram so not an expensive stash enhancement & Coldspring don't charge the earth in postage - not that I'm an enabler of course[vbg]

yarn fanatic said...

That looks really gorgeous.

Piglottie said...

Its absolutely stunning Catknit! I have some yarn to make this pattern, but luckily I get to keep it when I finish. Very generous and kind of you to knit it for a friend.

Kai said...

lovely shawl!
icarus is on my to-do list... which is getting bigger... *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shawl. I've been looking for my interweave knits to look up this pattern. I know I've got hte mag and I know I looked at it a few weeks ago but can't find it now.