Wednesday, February 14, 2007



February socks.

My Feb socks for the sock a month challenge on Crafty Threads'n'Yarns forum. They're made from Posh Yarns sock club yarn for the main bit and an oddment of cerise for the toes & heels. I made the pattern up with 64 sts on 2.5m needles with a 12 st staghorn cable down the sides.

Very soft and cosy and DH has now been instructed NOT to put these ones in the washing machine like he did with my January ones which shrunk to DD2 size(although she is very pleased with them).

Next for the finishing is a striped sweater (only a sleeve left to do so hopefully completed in the next couple of days)

6 comments:

Piglottie said...

Stunning socks Catknit! I love the colour, and the pattern is great. I really like the cable down the side. I have just the yarn for something like this...

Kai said...

lovely socks!!

TutleyMutley said...

oh well done, catknit! They look really comfortable as well as beautiful. I'm only just starting my second February sock. But I have been a tad distracted by the several (hundreds) other WIPS I have on the go.

That Hotel you once worked at, outside Moretonhampstead? Used to be called the Manor House Hotel but is now renamed BOVEY CASTLE! But then what would you expect from Peter de Saveroy (him who also owns Lands End).

belaybunny said...

fab socks, I've just started mine and need help!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice socks! :)

Shame about the January pair though. My ex once ran my cashmere jumper through the dryer....

Anonymous said...

Great socks. Fab colour and hte cable is great.