Friday, September 01, 2006




Finally Blocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This poor old tablcloth has been a crumply mess in the back of a cupboard for at least 2 years waiting to be blocked but inspired by Viv67's www.vivica.de.blog post on Angel Yarns forum of a picture of her Forest Path Stole, I kicked myself up the backside last night (not easy)and spent 2 hours crawling around the floor pinning this thing out and spraying starch all over the place.

The pattern is the Lilac Time oval dinner cloth design from Marianne Kinzel's Second Book of Modern Lace Knitting which is an absolute treasure for us lace obsessives.

Trouble is, I love knitting the tablecloths I hate blocking them and I also have no inclination to use them (I'm just not a lace tablecloth type of girl) so unless they are earmarked as a gift, they end up in a dark and dusty cupboard until said kick in the rump arrives. Well its done now, its one less thing to guilt over when the stash store calls to me and now I just have to think of someone with an oval table to give it to!

9 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

WOW! That looks absolutely amazing! - I bow to your lace skills!!!

Unknown said...

That is stunning. I'm so glad you liberated it from the heap in the closet.

I hope I'm that good some day.

gilraen said...

Beautiful lace. Hiding your talents by not showing this off earlier. It's almost a shame to put anything on it that will hide it's lovely detail. :)

Unknown said...

That is beautiful!

Badger said...

That's stunning, Lynne. You really are a talented knitter :)

Hellbelle said...

That is amazing knitting and I hope that there is someone you can give it to who will admire it as much as it deserves to be :)

Stunning!

Avrienne said...

I've considered doing that pattern myself once or twice, but like you, I'm not much of a lace tablecloth person. Glad to see that you love lace enough to knit a whole tablecloth anyways!

Avrienne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Oh, wow. I cannot even fathom the amount of patience that would take. It looks gorgeous.