Monday, June 11, 2007

You know when you put off doing something for ages and then just never quite get back to it?

Well ain't that just the way with blogging, I've had a horribly stressful couple of months, details of which I won't go into here because this is supposed to be fun.

So the blog has been neglected yet again and when I come back to it, I can't think what to put first! Should I start with the oldest F.O's or the most recent and work back?

pfnerf..

Most recent....

Summer Secret Santa exchange from the Crafty Threads'N'Yarns forum was a real treat,




















The lovely Slowasasnail sent me some Kid Silk Spray and beads to go with and a pattern for a scarf using said yarn and beads and some choccy for me and a giant Bonio to keep Foster quiet whilst I knit (it lasted long enough for me to take the ball band off anyway!)



The scarf is now finished and packed away as a Christmas present for someone so I've started getting some of that out of the way too.
So, close up............................ and the whole thing. The pattern is a kind of feather an
d fan with
3 rows of beads lengthways every 4 rows-nice to knit and lovely effects from the yarn.




Currently working on a secret project for a friend in some rather scrummy laceweight, finished and sewn up a jacket in Cotton Glace but need buttons, and a disaster with a cardi from yarn which has been in the stash for a long time, I'm 6 metres short and no way of buying anymore so I will have to take some from the cuffs and re-do the bottoms of the sleeves-fortunately it's a top down pattern-it's in the naughty corner for now but will re-appear soon I hope, when my stress levels go down a bit.

3 comments:

Piglottie said...

Lovely to hear from you, and lovely pics! Great secret santa parcel, and I love the scarf! I really love the feather and fan pattern, and would love to knit with beads but haven't got round to it yet. Could you not put a call out re: the bit of yarn you need to finish the cardigan? You could post on here and the forum? Someone did that once and I had the yarn they were looking for - and the same dyelot! You never know, the yarn fairies may smile down on you :)

belaybunny said...

The scarf looks lovely. Nice chocolate too ;)

Auntie Noo said...

I've nominated your for an award!! - Have a look-see at my blog entry "Awards" 3 Aug 07 !!!!!