Thursday, January 04, 2007













Christmas knitting- okay so really pictures of the Christmas knitting should have been posted ages ago but I've been busy knitting things for me since then....until last night when I sliced into my right thumb and now I can't knit for a couple of weeks.....so what to do instead, blog about knitting and sort out my stash and planned projects.


The pictures above are the lace tablecloth made for MIL's Christmas present and hopefully below will be the finished article.....

The tablecloth was very well recieved and now has pride of place on her dining table.

The yarn was crochet cotton from stash and pattern is Springtime Design by Marianne Kinzel,

size 2.5mm DPNs to start and ever increasing lengths of circulars as the cloth grew.

I also made socks for FIL in his favourite rugby team colours-green, black and gold and some for a friends Dad in his favourite rugby team colours-cerise, french grey and cream but I forgot to take photos of these before giving them away.

6 comments:

blueadt said...

Wow - thanks beautiful.

Far too nice to use in our house as it'd get marked straight away.

Well done!

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous, you are so talented with all your lace knitting!

Anonymous said...

lovely, lovely, lovely...

my mum would love a tablecloth.. not sure i can make it though!! :)

Hellbelle said...

Wow! That's beautiful! My DH just asked me if that is what I am aspiring to. I wish :)

I share your thumb pain, mine left one has just healed after a potato / thumb slicing incident. Not nice.

Anne said...

You should be very proud of that as it is a work of art. I think it is fantastic.

Anonymous said...

That is just gorgeous! You have a talent.

I don't know how you could bear to give it away!