Thursday, June 22, 2006

No new pics today, the shell tank is nearly done, just the two side seams left to do later today, I did not enjoy joining the other bits together and thought I deserved a bit of mindless clicking last night so I started a bit of a stashbusting exercise. In order to make the bulk of the yarn in the cupboard look less, I started with all the bits of super chunky/big wool/point 5 left over from other things and I'm working on a mitred square bag which will be felted and hopefully turn out the right size for a knitting bag. So far two big squares done and two big balls of yarn used. If I get rid of the bulky stuff, in theory it will look to the untrained eye like theres a lot less yarn in the stash than there actually is! (the untrained eye being DP) after all, one carrier bag stuffed with sock or laceweight yarn contains a lot more knitting time than the same bag stuffed with Big Wool.
Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!!!

Oh and I finished the first red sock last night and did the rib for the second.

1 comment:

Badger said...

I like your thinking about the bulky wool! And well done for casting on the second sock straight away ;)